Effects of Increasing Education Level in Competing in the Nursing Job Market – Care Example

Download free paperFile format: .doc, available for editing

"Effects of Increasing Education Level in Competing in the Nursing Job Market" is a great example of a paper on care. In the nursing profession, the level of education determines individual promotion and skills. All the recommendation aims and increasing the level of educated nurses. By increasing the level of my education I will stand a high chance of being promoted and maintaining my job. By 2020, the level of nurses with PhD will double and those with baccalaureate degrees increase by 80 % and this shows that those with little education will lack a job.

Increasing the level of my education will also give me the knowledge to apply at work. Increasing the level of education will be simple since recommendation six aims at creating a continuous learning environment for nurses. Effects of Increasing Education Level in Competing in the Job Market With respect to the recommendation, education will enable me to prosper and progress in my nursing career. From recommendation number four, there will be an increase of nurses with a baccalaureate degree in 2020 by 80 %. This shows that the remaining 20 % will have no chance in the working environment.

They will have to follow suit and join the 80 %. On my side, if I increase the level of my education I will be able to meet the education demand and comply with the improvement and reformation strategies. Recommendation number five focuses on doubling the nurses with a doctorate in 2020. This shows that the number of nurses with PhD will be more, and there will be low demand for nurses with diplomas and bachelor's degrees.

Increasing the level of education means that, I will be able to meet the professional demand of educated nurses (Hall, 2005). Probably, most of the nurses who will be serving in 2020 will be more educated, and promotions will be determined by the level of education and not experience. This shows that the advancement of the education level will make me stand a high chance of getting a promotion. Recommendation number six also demands will ensure that nurses are involved in a long-life learning process. This will enable or give me a chance to continue with education and order to attain a PhD and stand a high chance of becoming a top nurse.

So with more education, I will be able to compete with other people and get a promotion (Emerson, 2007). Effects of Increasing Education Level to the Roles in Nursing Increasing the level of my education will add value to me in serving as a nurse. The more an individual is educated is, the more he/she has knowledge. In pursuing a master's degree, I will have new knowledge. The knowledge I will get will be more advanced, which will enable me to perform my job more effectively (Jacob, 2007).

At the masters and PhD level, I will learn new skills and also be conversant with management skills. I will be able to work as a manager. As I will be working, I will incorporate the working skill together with the skills I will gain from studies, and this will enable me to become more competent in providing care to patients. The increase in my level of education will enable me to gain working skills as well as management skills.

I will be able to work as in charge of other nurses in a hospital. I will be able to save lives and reduce the number of death in the hospital. Generally, increasing the level of my education will enable me to be more competent and deliver effectively in the working environment (Callara, 2008). Conclusion In conclusion, education increases the level of performance and that s why all the recommendations aimed at improving education to nurses. In order to prosper in the nursing profession, I should increase the level of my education to remain competitive and work effectively and professionally.

References

Callara, L. E. (2008). Nursing Education Challenges in the 21st Century. Boston: Nova Publishers.

Emerson R. (2007). Nursing Education in the Clinical Setting. New York: Elsevier Health Science.

Hall, L. M. (2005). Quality Work Environment for Nursing and Patient Safety. Canada: Jones & Bartlett Learning.

Jacob, R. R. (2007). Clinical Nursing Procedures. India: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publisher Ltd.

Download free paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
Contact Us